Tuesday 25 August 2015

Melbourne Download: Post Urban Materiality

Switch installation shot at Brunswick St Gallery in Fitzroy, Melbourne. Power Poles 2 and 4 with Post Climate Change Desertscapes in the background. I was stoked with the space my work was allotted and it was cool to see how someone else displayed it too. The opening night was packed with two shows opening that night. Some rad work in the show, and some interesting performance inspired by John Cage went down on the opening night. So many different angles and connections to the subject/theme of the show.  



 A very relevant political comment paste up I saw on Brunswick St. Sad times for arts funding in Australia currently with Australia Council for the Arts looking set to lose a good $100 million.



As I drifted off to sleep early on Sunday morning in a friends house I was excited to notice my made up bed was mere centimeters from this Albert Namatjira painting, titled "Mt.Bart". I slept soundly under its watchful gaze.



 Installation shot, Power Pole no.4 with Post Climate Change Desertscape in the background.



 After a wild weekend in the city, at least by my standards, it has been great to get home and enjoy the relative serenity of Mullumbimby. It felt like the first day of spring today and I dragged out the mini pool for the kids to cool off.



New books have arrived!!! I have been enjoying getting better insight into Lichtenstein and checking out various other takes on this popular ism (Pop Art).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.